it's another theatre survey!!!
1. Disney/Pixar wants to make an animated film out of one of your top ten favorite musicals. Which one should they make and why?
2. What do you think about breaking the fourth wall?
3. Pick a show. Any show. Got it? Okay, now every single character is now being played by someone of the opposite sex. So who's in it?
4. Stephen Sondheim or Andrew Lloyd Webber? No, we won't judge. NOW EXPLAIN YOURSELF.
5. Cast one of your least favorite shows with people who would make you want to see it.
6. Who killed Edwin Drood?
7. You're in charge of some prime advertisement space in Times Square. Which shows are you giving this space to and why?
8. Movie musicals:
awesome or awful?
best things ever or worst things ever?
10. How many playbills do you take when you see a show?
11. Weirdest/funniest/most memorable stage door experience. GO.
12. What is your most prized theatre-related possession?
13. Which Book of Mormon missionary would you let in your house?
14. Jukebox musicals. Are they a waste of space or super fun?
15. What shows are you most excited for this season (on Broadway, the West End, or on tour)?
16. It's an understudy extravaganza! Cast the two lead roles of three of your favorite shows with understudies who have played those roles before.
17. Let's pretend for a sec that you don't need a big star to have a movie musical success. Pick out a cast for the movie version of one of your favorite musicals. No Hollywood stars allowed.
18. Name a film or television actor/actress you think would actually do really well onstage. And while you're at it, tell us what show s/he should be in.
20. Do you prefer large theatres with a billion seats and the technology to have super crazy effects happen onstage while the stage itself is spinning around and shit, or smaller theatres where everything is lower-key and simpler?
21. Give one-sentence reviews of the last five shows you've seen.
22. What is the show that you went into with low expectations but then came out completely obsessed?
23. Are there any shows you think are worth seeing at least once? Like the big-name ones. The ones people think it's cool to hate on because it makes them a theatre hipster or something. Those ones.
24. On that note, what's an underrated show that closed way before its time?
25. If you received a full scholarship to any college with the stipulation that you must go into a field that is at least related to the performing arts, what would you study?
26. Do you believe in love, would you stay high, or do you want to be invisible?
27. Everyone has those shows they wanted to see but were never able to get to. What are some of your favorites you never got to see?
28. Which shows first come to mind when you read the following song titles:
"I Believe," "Santa Fe," "Ever After," and why the hell not: "Overture"?
29. Congratulations! You're now a really rich theatre patron with enough money to make your own awards! So go ahead and tell us what those awards would be called, what sort of categories you'd hand them out for, and if you can think of some winners, tell us who they'd be!
30. Pick a book, a movie, and a TV show you'd like to be made into either a stage play or a musical, and tell us which one and why.
Get to know me! (Musicals style!)
Send me a show title, and I’ll tell you:
- If I saw a production of the show
- My favorite song
- My favorite character
- If I have a Playbill
I think I find that more and more, as I continue in this business, it’s about [sticking to] the same rules you learned in kindergarten. Be nice to people, play well with others, it’s all about teamwork. It’s all about relationships and how you treat people. And I don’t mean that in terms of ‘getting ahead,’ like, ‘Oh, I want to meet you because you can do something for me someday.’ No, everyone should be treated with respect.
This applies to each and every profession and industry.
Jessie Mueller, the Tony Award-winning star of Beautiful: The Carole King Musical performs “Where You Lead” exclusively for BuzzFeed with guitarist Dillon Kondor. Happy Gilmore Girls on N…
This is fantastic. On all levels.
Get to Know Me Uncomfortably Well
1. What is you middle name?
2. How old are you?
3. What is your birthday?
4. What is your zodiac sign?
5. What is your favorite color?
6. What's your lucky number?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. Where are you from?
9. How tall are you?
10. What shoe size are you?
11. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
12. What was your last dream about?
13. What talents do you have?
14. Are you psychic in any way?
15. Favorite song?
16. Favorite movie?
17. Who would be your ideal partner?
18. Do you want children?
19. Do you want a church wedding?
20. Are you religious?
21. Have you ever been to the hospital?
22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law?
23. Have you ever met any celebrities?
24. Baths or showers?
25. What color socks are you wearing?
26. Have you ever been famous?
27. Would you like to be a big celebrity?
28. What type of music do you like?
29. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
31. What position do you usually sleep in?
32. How big is your house?
33. What do you typically have for breakfast?
34. Have you ever fired a gun?
35. Have you ever tried archery?
36. Favorite clean word?
37. Favorite swear word?
38. What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep?
39. Do you have any scars?
40. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
41. Are you a good liar?
42. Are you a good judge of character?
43. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
44. Do you have a strong accent?
45. What is your favorite accent?
46. What is your personality type?
47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing?
48. Can you curl your tongue?
49. Are you an innie or an outie?
50. Left or right handed?
51. Are you scared of spiders?
52. Favorite food?
53. Favorite foreign food?
54. Are you a clean or messy person?
55. Most used phrased?
56. Most used word?
57. How long does it take for you to get ready?
58. Do you have much of an ego?
59. Do you suck or bite lollipops?
60. Do you talk to yourself?
61. Do you sing to yourself?
62. Are you a good singer?
63. Biggest Fear?
64. Are you a gossip?
65. Best dramatic movie you've seen?
66. Do you like long or short hair?
67. Can you name all 50 states of America?
68. Favorite school subject?
69. Extrovert or Introvert?
70. Have you ever been scuba diving?
71. What makes you nervous?
72. Are you scared of the dark?
73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
74. Are you ticklish?
75. Have you ever started a rumor?
76. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
77. Have you ever drank underage?
78. Have you ever done drugs?
79. Who was your first real crush?
80. How many piercings do you have?
81. Can you roll your Rs?"
82. How fast can you type?
83. How fast can you run?
84. What color is your hair?
85. What color is your eyes?
86. What are you allergic to?
87. Do you keep a journal?
88. What do your parents do?
89. Do you like your age?
90. What makes you angry?
91. Do you like your own name?
92. Have you already thought of baby names, and if so what are they?
93. Do you want a boy a girl for a child?
94. What are you strengths?
95. What are your weaknesses?
96. How did you get your name?
97. Were your ancestors royalty?
98. Do you have any scars?
99. Color of your bedspread?
100. Color of your room?
You’ve got to get up every morning with a smile on your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You’re gonna find, yes, you will
That you’re beautiful as you feel
So this is kind of vain, but it isn’t until I put two photos side-by-side that I saw just how far I’ve come.
On the left is me in Sept. 2011 at my highest weight and on the right is me last week at my lowest. I hit my goal in March of this year and have been successfully maintaining an 80 lb. weight loss for almost six months!